Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ThunderCats HO!!!!!!

Yay! Right now the London Toy Fair is going on and although their was an embargo on this image it got out there anyway. More images area available at http://thundercatslair.org/ although how long they will be up there remains to be seen. All I have to say is YES!!!! I can't wait for this. Lion-o's new costume in particular is a great example of how to do a redesign. It maintains the classic feel while adding subtle elements like oh say, pants. Lord knows I loved the original show but I would have a hard time taking seriously a King who wore a ladies one piece swimsuit with the abs cut out. Panthro looks great. I like that they went with the "Juggernaut/Thing" look for him. Let the big guy be the big guy I always say. I am a little less sure about Tigra's costume but I like that they really emphasized the stripes in his redesign. Which brings me to Chitara. Here we have the best example of modernizing the classic look. She maintains her original colors but instead of the leotard she is in much more practical warrior attire. While I am sad that they have apparently decided not to have Wiley-Kit and Wiley-Kat I am still pretty psyched. I have been waiting for a ThunderCats reboot for years and now that it is on the horizon I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment